Mistakes to Avoid with An Artificial Lawn
When you’re looking to invest in an artificial lawn, it’s easy to get ahead of yourself and make mistakes. Of course, you want the perfect outdoor space. You want green grass under your feet – a place for the kids to play. But you need to do your research first. Here are some common mistakes to avoid when choosing an artificial lawn for your home.
- Wrong Type – Today’s artificial lawns come in a variety of types. You want to consider an eco-friendly option made of recycled material, but one suited to your needs. If you want grass for relaxation or aesthetic, there’s one option. For a lot of activity, there’s an entirely different option.
- Buying in Stages – If you want the best deal, consider saving up to buy your entire artificial lawn at once. Do not buy your grass a little at a time. What happens if you buy a section now but they sell out? You’re then left with half a lawn.
- Bumpy, Uneven Surfaces – You’re better off hiring professional installation for artificial lawns. It’s similar to a carpet. If you don’t start the base off right during the laying process, it will wind up bumpy and uneven. You want something smooth and aesthetically pleasing.
- Forgetting Weed Membranes – Yes, even artificial grass can succumb to weed growth. Thankfully, there is a weed-preventing membrane available that stops weeds from breaking through your new layer of grass. But if you forget this layer, then you’re out of luck.
- Ignoring It – Once you have your new artificial lawn in place, the biggest mistake you can make is ignoring it. You’ve got this fabulous lawn, so be sure to take care of it!