You’re investing time and money into artificial turf because you don’t want to waste time or money on upkeep, watering, and mowing. But now that you’ve given up lawn care maintenance for good, you’re probably wondering: how long does artificial turf last? Well, it all depends on a few conditions, such as foot traffic, but you’d be surprised to learn how long today’s artificial grass stays green!
Lifespan of Artificial Turf
The most significant advantage of newer artificial turf is the impressive lifespan.
Back in the day, no one would let on that they had an artificial lawn. Fake grass was an ugly, short-term option that typically wound up looking dingy and decayed. Today, however, artificial turf is built to look beautiful for at least 20 to 25 years, without the need for much maintenance.
The two factors that determine how long your new artificial turf will last include:
- Wear and tear — Your lawn has to cope with foot traffic, pets, wild animals, and weather — all types of wear and tear that impact a lawn’s lifespan.
- Maintenance — While artificial turf requires significantly less maintenance than living grass, a little pruning and upkeep can go a long way towards keeping your new lawn fresh and crisp.
What Maintenance Does Artificial Turf Require?
With just a few simple lawn-care tasks, your artificial turf can last for 25 years or more.
- Raking — Occasionally taking a rake to your artificial turf will help dislodge compacted spots, adding necessary height to the grass, to ensure a natural appearance.
- Rinsing — If your pet does its business outdoors, remember to clean the immediate area with a bit of water from the hose to eliminate odors and prevent discoloration.
- Repairs — Over time your artificial turf may require minor repairs. These include stain removal, seam repairs, and section replacements (if there are rips or tears in the material).
Are you ready to enjoy green grass year-round? Call LawnPop for today’s top artificial turf installation and 512-298-0933!